Monday, August 30, 2010

Thoughts on School...

Hi Everyone!

So today I thought I would tell you what I'm going to school for, my thoughts on it, & other things about school.

Right now I am going to school for Cosmetology. I am attending a technical college in a small town. Currently, I am taking all of my core classes. I have to take 4 core courses for Cosmetology. They inlcude: English 101, Math 101, EMP 1000, and SCT 100. EMP 1000 is Interpersonal Relations and SCT 100 is Introduction to Microcomputers. Unfortunately, I am having to take English 1101, which is more difficult than English 101. The reason I had to take that class is because, English 101 was full, and I tested into English 1101 on my COMPASS Test, so I decided to just go ahead and take the English 1101 class. If I would have waited to take English 101, I wouldn't have been able to get into Cosmetology classes until Fall of 2011. And I did not want to wait that long. I am taking Math 101 at school & the other 3 I am taking online. The online classes do save a lot of time; however, I do have to discipline myself in order to get all of my online stuff done.

So my thoughts on school so far....
Well I honestly don't see the point in having to take an English class for Cosmetology, especially the one that I'm in. The English I'm in is all papers. It's paper after paper, after paper. You catch my drift. In highschool, writing papers was pretty easy because you had an ample amount of time to get it done in. In this class, you have like 5-6 days to complete a paper. The time limit I guess is what stresses me out the most.

Thankfully this quarter & this portion of school is almost over. At the end of September, I will begin the Cosmetology part of school. I can't wait! I'm going to be sharing everything I learn with you all. Then, I will be in school 5 days a week. Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. & on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. So it will be taking up a good part of my time, but I will find time to blog after school and of course on the weekends.
So I just thought I would share that little bit of information with you.




If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.
Hope you all enjoyed. Thank you all for reading!!

2 comments: